1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread 2016/17 Premier League, Cups & Euro Watch

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by astro, Jun 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Couldn't care less who wins the FA Cup TBH, we are not in it and the LC was just a good chance for a throw away wum comment.

2. moreinjuredthanowen

In fairness to southampton they did much better than i thought they would after the semi finals. I thought after 2-0 it'd be a hammering but utd sat off and then coughed up easy chances in full back channels.

utd will win a treble this year so I aint going to play deluded red after one cup. Its going to happen so lets get on with it.

3. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

I did say to a few southampton fans that I would prefer them to win....those fans deserved a win after the stuff they have been through over the last 10 years or so. But for a terrible lino decision? Maybe they would have won

4. moreinjuredthanowen

yeah but... realistically they got a good day out cos they've not scored enough at any point through the season....

Basically rojo coughed up chance after chance after chance to southampton but then southampton failed to do the basics with that free. that was a shocker GK error and romeu foul was stupid in the first place. Lindgard goal was poor for them too and the final one really was tiredness.

If you let in 2 and utd basically shut down (and utd did a classic mourinho sit off job there) and you get back into it you can count yourself lucky.

With respect to them they deserved to reach the final but I didn't really ever think they'd win simply due to the lack of goals and no van dijk.

5. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Two errors went against them. A Lino and a GK one

6. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Agree with all that, but I expect Lucas to give away a pen too. 3-0 to Leicester.

7. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

You shower of miserable ****ers <laugh>

8. Prince Knut

In all seriousness, the game was good and was almost certainly going to be settled by some sort of controversy, and that usually falls in favour of United. I watched the game in work on my laptop, but one standout moment for me (or three) were the two incidents when Herrara went down holding his face again, and the one where Gary Neville was doing an Andy Gray and calling for the Soton player to be sent off. The latter was disappointing, as I've been an admirer of how fair Chuckle 1 has been in that job, but the mask slipped there. Good on Martin Tyler for keeping it on track, but watching Neville slowly backtrack, then admit that it was only because of the (United) crowd reaction that he dived in two-footed like an unpunished Rojo tackle in punditry terms was illuminating. I think from that disallowed goal onwards the United fans and considerable presence in the media and punditry were desperately looking for an incident to even things up morally. It didn't come.

That said, how utterly **** and clueless are we to not be able to score against that team in 270 minutes this season? With or without Fonte and Van Dijk, and accepting that they well deserved their win over two legs (though, as yesterday proves, you don.t always get what you deserve) the fact that we have not scored one goal against Soton in three games this season says everything about us.

9. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

To be fair to Neville, he did say he made a mistake....in real time it looked a certain red.....shows how good the ref was.

10. Prince Knut

Eventually backed down - but even after the first replay showed that the foot wasn't raised he clinging on. As I say, credit goes to Martin Tyler for pinning him down, as he did to Gray a decade ago now when Wes Brown was sent off at Anfield (I'll bore you with that story if you wish).

11. moreinjuredthanowen

Herrera's stuff was outrageous. It was a foul but herrera couldn't decide whether to roll about having hurdles the challenge, hold his face leg, scream at ref. it was seriously pathetic.

Rojo was abysmal o nthe day and he coughed up so many chances! valencia was little better.

The fact was LFC were not good enough cos we didn't work hard enough and didn't get shots on target at all. Forester was a joke for the first goal. he might as well have done a mingolet on it <laugh>

Utd got a handy free kick goal form poor wall and really poor keeping. Then lingard goal was meh.. bit shabby to concede but well taken and the zlatan winner was piss easy.

LFC are too timid, don't play fast enough forward and in general don't show the energy that gabbiandini showed. He was lightweight but he knew where to run that lad. We'd have lost yesterday no question.

* Record Points Total likes this.
  12. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Wasn't even a foul let alone a yellow. Guy slide in, 1 footed, won the ball. This whole 'caught him on the follow through' thing is stupid. Of course will catch on follow through, cant magically disappear or stop.

13. moreinjuredthanowen

not strictly in line with rules that.

If you slide in right from the side and get ball you can knock a guy over and its fine but slide in from behind clearing guys out etc is no legal whether you get the ball or no.

14. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Well form behind is different as it's near impossible to win the ball first before making contact with the man though.

15. moreinjuredthanowen

true, the rules don't seem to care if you make ball contact or not any more. you have to clearly take the ball and not make any heavy contact. I think I've probably only seen one or two genuine old school win the ball and control it sliding tackles in the past year

16. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Win the ball or not, i do believe going into the challenge in full control is also taken into account...Looked like the ref saw he was after him

17. moreinjuredthanowen

he won;t even get close sahn.. vardy will run past him like he's not there for no 2.

18. Red Hadron Collider

Whatever happened to that fanboy feller?

Do you now think Klopp's a ****?

19. Red Hadron Collider

I can't believe those ****s have won some silverware. It's totally ****ing dead on there <laugh>

20. moreinjuredthanowen

never said that.

i have succinctly summed up the players above. you all know its the truth.

the sooner this season is over the better:)

utd treble.. LFC 6th.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.