1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

2012 Predictions / Driver Line-up / News etc...

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by genjigonzales, Jun 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WestCoastBoogaloo

WestCoastBoogaloo Well-Known Member

Plus the race is coming up in a few weeks and he's making sure that it's getting it's publicity.

2. cosicave

cosicave Well-Known Member

I wrote the following not more than half an hour ago. It was in response to a comment made by Bernie about a driver - which I will not bother to repeat - but it should be seen that these words are equally relevant circuits; whether they be Melbourne, Bahrain or Silverstone. I have copied and pasted my exact words from a comment made in reference to what Bernie has said about Hamilton, since it makes not a jot of difference to the underlying motive:
    - - - o0o - - -

3. genjigonzales

genjigonzales Active Member

This is what really bugs me. Leaving aside the the catastrophe his shenanigans over the British GP induced at Donington Park, it's the constant threats and bullying - controversy for controversy's sake - that I find distasteful. He only knows how to generate interest by being negative. You can argue that, in doing so, he plays the media very well - they being interested only in the negative - (including flipping his approach for Bahrain where the right thing to do was cancel it and he was determined not to cancel it) but, from a personal perspective, it makes me dislike him and those who lap it up having heard it countless times before and understanding exactly what he's doing. His motives are disingenuous and his methods depressingly negative.

4. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

same with the us gp. he puts out negative news and empty threats but they get the track promoters into gear to put on a high profile race. Silverstone wouldnt look as good as it does now if he didnt bully them into it. In this example he is seeing what he can get away with in aus and see if they are up for doing a night race but hopefully the people in melbourne will stick to their guns and not be bullied into it. I dont see why the aus GP should be a night race. we have survived many years without it being so.

5. cosicave

Oh yes; I very much agree with you Genji. I do not like it one bit. Then again, I tend to dislike exploitation of any kind*, which is why I cancelled my Sky contract.

Yep. I'm with you here Bando…
    - - -o0o - - -
    *On the rare occasions I get chance to watch TV alone, I do not ever watch adverts. The TV itself gets a 3 minute cooling down period until I estimate that they will have finished; and there is only one advert I am aware of, which has wonderfully funny meerkats. If I switch back on when this advert is showing, I actually watch! And if not alone, I walk out and ask for a shout when the programme resumes!

6. Bergkamp a Dutch master

Cosi I have never worried about you before - but expressing adoration for the worst adverts on TV ie Meerkats, now gets me wondering.

- have you stopped taking your meds?

7. cosicave

Hahaha <laugh> As I said, I do not watch the adverts so I have little to compare meerkats to.com&#8230;

OK, the joke is proof I've stopped taking the tablets. I'll get me coat&#8230;

8. El_Bando

Forum Moderator

Ive just found out Lewis and Nicole are back together! You know what this means!!!!!!!!

Its nearly the start of the F1 Season Yay!!!!!!!!!

9. genjigonzales

I've just found out that Frank Williams and his board have split up. He still owns 51% of the team and will continue to attend board meetings to watch. Also, his daughter's going to be Director of Marketing & Comms.

I've been close to posting a new thread a couple of times about the changing of the guard at Williams following the appointment of Alex Wurz as driver mentor (perhaps an acknowledgement that Sir Frank's sometimes caustic treatment of his drivers might not be conducive to winning if you don't have the most technologically advanced car) and his comments about Adam Parr being the natural successor, but I didn't so this'll have to do.

10. Bergkamp a Dutch master

'perhaps an acknowledgement that Sir Frank's sometimes caustic treatment of his drivers '

<laugh>

11. El_Bando

Forum Moderator

Aparently the Valencia based european GP is days away from being dropped from the calandar as they still havnt payed their fee to hold the race in june.

12. genjigonzales

&#8203;Post of the day.

13. Masanari

Masanari Active Member

<diva>!

14. Kyle?

Kyle? New Member

Doesn't that mean the BBC now lose a race though? Sky must be laughing like crazy.

15. El_Bando

Forum Moderator

I did think that. and you know as much as I hate the valencia GP I would rather have a 20 race season and have it replaced next year with turkey <ok>

16. WestCoastBoogaloo

I'm with everyone else, Valencia won't be missed. It would be too good to be true if they replaced with Turkey, but I doubt it'll happen due to the lack of attendance and hence, lack of funds.

17. Max Whiplash

Max Whiplash Well-Known Member

Yeah, wishful thinking but I'd love to see Turkey back

18. Masanari

Masanari Active Member

Turkey is one of my favourite tracks so I would love it to return.

If Valencia is dropped then a race at Turkey with no fans there is much better than no race at all, even for Bernie.

19. genjigonzales

&#8203;I think he'd want to replace it with Russia or some other burgeoning market, wouldn't he?

20. WestCoastBoogaloo

That circuit hasn't even started being built yet has it? Or are you referring to a different track?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.