1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

2 Young lads who are a credit to our club

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by smhbcfc, Mar 24, 2017.

1. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

Here's a feel-good story about our club from a Chelsea website

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation....-bristol-city-academy-u12-ballboy-celebration

Tammy Abraham is one of the most promising recent graduates of the Chelsea Academy, and the 19-year-old currently impressing in his first professional loan at Championship side Bristol City. City may be struggling as a team, barely a point above the relegation zone as we speak, but Abraham is the division’s third leading goalscorer and has been turning heads with his performances since the start of the season.
    On Friday, he notched his 19th goal of the campaign as Bristol surprised promotion-chasing Huddersfield Town with a 4-0 masterclass. Tammy’s goal was the team’s second, and as he went to celebrate it, he just so happened to find a young Oscar Collins standing behind the endline. Oscar is in the U12s of Bristol’s Academy and was serving as ballboy when the big striker enveloped him in a joyful hug. Needless to say, the kid was over the moon just talking about it even a few days later.
    In the interview seen above with Bristol City’s in-house video team, Oscar talks about the experience that has made him the envy of his teammates.
    “I was happy he scored the goal and when he came over and celebrated I was really pleased to be a part of it. When he ran over, I didn’t really know what to do, I was just glad I reacted well and didn’t act like an idiot!”
    “When I came to training on Saturday, people kept saying ‘I saw you yesterday’ and it was overwhelming – I was really pleased it happened to me and I had proof. My parents have been getting loads of tweets saying how lucky I am and how proud people are of me.”
    -Oscar Collins; source:
    Bristol City FC
    Isn’t that just the best story? Well done, everyone.

Good stuff!!

2. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

Some positive good news.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  3. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

A ray of light for once. Great story !

4. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Great story and congrats to both Oscar and Tammy..

5. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Nice story!

6. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

Not only that, but the way he scored his goal marked it out (and him also) as special.

Tammy is going to be sorely missed