1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

12 Yards versus Not606

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Rushmere, May 27, 2011.

1. Rushmere

Rushmere Member

Seems to me that 12 yards and Not606 will end up being the two alternative sites of choice following the demise of 606 (RIP).

Something of a shame that this is also turning out to be an extension of our rivalry with our feathered freaks up the road, with them on 12 yards and us at home here (generally speaking). If neither gives ground then the seperate playground syndrome will continue and, unless there is an inter-board raid, the banter will be sorely missed.

As CALITFC on 606, I was certainly more of an avid reader than prolific poster, but there were some fantastic times to be had exchanging insults and witticisms with the likes of Political.

Personally, I have committed to Not606, and LYHL has done a great job getting so many across, so there seems little point in signing up for both. In any event, I genuinely prefer this site.

Would be nice to see the budgies flutter their way over and have a chirp though. Would have thought that they would like to have a post or two before their final season in the premiership. :emoticon-0105-wink:

2. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

12 yards is not a site of choice. That's why the majority of the posts on the Man Utd and Arsenal boards (the two most supported clubs in the country) are by the site owners!

The canaries are over there because, as they have said themselves, they 'need to keep it simple' <laugh>

3. Redruth

Redruth Well-Known Member

Rushmere,

I have put a couple of posts on the other site. I also am not a prolific poster like Hamps & JWM.
    I think both sites are pretty good & it is a shame we are on VHS & they are on beta max?
    However it is quite simple to have a couple of windows open & pop on to their site now & again.;)

4. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

I see that they have basically copied 606 now and they have fixed all the things I was slating it for, so it's good that they took on board my criticisms. But the fact remains that this site is a million times more active. We could go over there and be with the budgies but then it would just be an East Anglian island - plus lots of the budgies are here anyway, they have split themselves and we would end up doing the same no doubt.

5. Rushmere

Rushmere Member

Hopefully the budgies will see the light soon enough and we may see a few more on here! Like I said, much prefer this site over 12 yawns anyway.

6. Dangerous Marsupial

Dangerous Marsupial Well-Known Member

And to think, when I try and help my fellow East Anglians by suggesting them a new banner all I get is abuse and a lecture in how Ipswich Town is a superior club to Norwich because they won a few trophies before I was born!

7. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Marsupial

I'm surprised you can get broadband stuck halfway up a Euculyptus tree! <laugh>

8. andythetractor

andythetractor New Member

and for budgie history ! i remember the budgies beating bayern munich once , i suppose that was a special piece of history to be cherished !! and for the record trophies before you were born is better than no trophies at all dude lol !!

9. PioneerBlueinOZ

Just how dangerous are you really DM? I am sure if you had ever won anything of note you would be celebrating previous successes!

10. Dangerous Marsupial

Dangerous Marsupial Well-Known Member

Hey, I didn't want to do this, but you left me no choice.

11. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Marsupial, come back when you've done this <ok>

12. Rushmere

Rushmere Member

13. crowey66

crowey66 Member

eerrrrmmm,think we just did.
    and yes im staying on this site
    some good banter,just like 606.

14. Rushmere

Rushmere Member

Good stuff, bring it on. Perhaps you can persuade a few others over from 12 yawns?