1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

10 v ManREFterUTD.

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by THE FOXES 1884, Jan 8, 2012.

1. THE FOXES 1884

THE FOXES 1884 Well-Known Member

Well done City. It´s hard to play v 11 but when you´ve got to play v 12 & then go down to 10. To get ripped off 3-2 showed Man City have fight & I HOPE YOU GO ON NOW TO WIN THE PREMIERSHIP

You can all hold your heads up <ok>

:emoticon-0110-tongu

2. Waddos_legends

Waddos_legends Active Member

Looks like we won't be seeing the Poznan at Wembley this year <laugh>

3. orly

orly Member

When a united team have the likes of Phil Jones and Rio Ferdinand in it...a few OAPs in the midfield and Rooney the rager up front, I'm not worried.

Were all full of excuses for the 6-1 drubbing because of the disgrace of having to play one half with 10 men. Today City nearly played the entire game with 10 men and still ran them to the end and could have got a replay.

Any United fans pleased with their team today? Or do you know you had a lucky escape. I think if City had 11 men the whole game it would have been a very different result.

If I had Ferdinand, Evra, Jones, Scholes (lololol) and Smalling in my team I'd be worrying. They aren't up to challenging for the league in my view.

4. Ferrari

Ferrari New Member

HAHAHAHAHA a Rangers fan lol they would walk into your **** team. No offence taken i hope.

5. orly

orly Member

Must be new here. Being from N.Ireland I support 1 SPL team and 1 EPL team. I've always supported Rangers and Man City. A squad share would be lovely I agree :)

6. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

Well, if that was a red cardthen the game should've ended 7-a-side, and absolute shocking decision from the ref. As to the game itself, Mancini showed he's got some nous', Ferguson seems to have altzheimers and thinks it's 99. P Scholes? United can look back and count themselves extremely fortunate, and losing in that manner will only spur City on IMO. Man U may have won the battle this day but come May I think City will win the war.

7. GkofGTM

GkofGTM Member

Come on orly, Smalling is incredible. Agree with you on the others though

8. davethegooner

davethegooner Member

When United get handed 10 points a season because of the refs in their pocket, its not hard to see how they've won so many trophies. Today is just another example.

9. Darth Vader's personal tailor

Disgraceful display from the ref today. ManU can count themselves very, very lucky.

10. Father_Jack_Hackett

Father_Jack_Hackett New Member

I didn't see the game as i was at work but listening to Talksport on the way back lifted my spirits, apparently the ref has agreed the sending off was wrong and the all the people phoning in were saying the fans should be proud of themselves for staying and the team for putting in a brilliant performance with only 10 men.

Also this - Liverpool v Manchester United

11. Ivor Biggun

Ivor Biggun Member

Agree Shocking Ref.

Welbeck and Nani's were never Yellows.

How he let Kolarov hack the legs of Valencia away in the box and not award another penalty is beyond a joke.

At least he got one decision right all night. Two feet off the ground, studs showing, instant Red and great decision.

12. superal

superal Active Member

Yet another example why Chris Foy should never be allowed to ref again <doh>

13. yossarian

yossarian Well-Known Member

That's 3 games that Foy has buggered up now; the others being QPR v Chelsea and Stoke v Spurs. If members of the FA, the Premier League and Refs association could pull their heads out of their backsides for 5 minutes they'd see he's not up to the job. They all defend the Ref, no matter what. I'm sure that had Foy head-butted one of the players, the authorities would say he had no other choice

14. I have no intention to wum this board, but I do feel constrained to make a point in the ref's defence.

It a player makes a tackle with both feet off the ground and with studs showing, it is an automatic red card. Therefore, for that decision, the ref was correct. In order to win his appeal, Kompany will have to get the commission to accept that the ref made an "obvious" mistake in issuing a red card. In this instance, it is clearly the case that the ref had, at the very least, some justification for issuing a red card; therefore, it cannot be said that he made an obvious mistake, and the appeal is bound to fail.

As a Spurs fan, I have absolutely no wish to defend Foy for his inept officiating, given his appalling decisions that cost us our game against Stoke, and there is no doubting that he made some very bad decisions in the Manchester cup game, including the penalty that he should have awarded to United, but I truly believe he got Kompany's sending-off correct.

15. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

LUCKchester united = MOANU

16. yossarian

Are you saying that sliding tackles should be banned then? Looked fine to me, got the ball and not the player. He didn't go in over the ball and looked in full control. Not malicious or reckless as far as I could see. Nani saw him and jumped out of the way. Referees need to use a bit of common sense. You would have been livid if one of our players got sent off for that.

17. Ivor Biggun

Ivor Biggun Member

Sliding tackles aren't banned.

Two footed tackled are esp when studs are showing. Their banned because their dangerous and you have ZERO control. Either you need to watch the tackle again or your understanding of physics is way off. Two footed, straight red, an appeal = automatic extension being frivolous.

18. A sliding tackle is not necessarily reckless, whereas the Ref's Association has deemed that two-footed lunges with studs showing are. Therefore, whether or not a sliding tackle is deemed reckless enough to warrant a red card (or even merely dangerous so as to warrant a yellow card) will always be a matter of discretion for the ref, allowing him to take into account such factors as the angle and speed of the challenge. For two-footed lunges with studs showing, the ref has absolutely no discretion - he must produce a red card. That's what Rooney was signaling to the ref - that it was a two-footed challenge. That Chris Foy took a few seconds to think about his actions is neither here nor there, only that he arrived at the correct decision.

19. yossarian

I've seen it a number of times and as I said, he looked in perfect control therefore some common sense from the ref would have been the order of the day. My understanding of physics is perfectly fine thank you

20. No! You are missing the point. The ref has absolutely no discretion in the matter. If a player lunges into a two-footed tackle with studs showing, it is an AUTOMATIC red card. Had Foy not shown a red card, he could have been sanctioned for it, by his professional body. Whether it was Foy or any other ref, a red card was the only outcome following that challenge from Kompany. The ref simply did not have a choice.