1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

¿Which 5 players will go?

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Mexican Hornet, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

Watford now have 22 foreign players on their books and five of these will miss the cut and be sold or loaned as you are only allowed to name a maximum of 17 in a 25-man Premier League squad.

Watford’s foreign players:

Heurelho Gomes, Allan Nyom, Miguel Britos, Valon Behrami, Matej Vydra, Steven Berghuis, Almen Abdi, Odion Ighalo, Sebastian Prodl, Jose Holebas, Etienne Capoue, Giedrius Arlauskis, Juan Carlos Paredes, Daniel Pudil, Essaid Belkalem, Abdoulaye Doucoure, Mario Suarez, Costel Pantilimon, Nordin Amrabat, Adlene Guedioura, Juan Camilo Zuniga, Christian Kabasele.

Total
    : 22 Only Allowed: 17

So which 5 will go?

2. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Paredes
    Pudli
    Arlauskis
    Belkalem (He was playing for the Under 21s this afrernoon!)

I can see somebody like Guedioura or Abdi going as well sadly.

3. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

I think that there are more signings to come so the four that Mark suggested plus three others. I think Suarez may go despite his pedigree, amrabat for being qsf's man too plus AG or AA: neither of whom I want to leave.

4. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

At these times we tend to lose a favourite or two.... :(

5. Markthehorn

Maybe Berghuis will be one of them..

6. Mexican Hornet

7. Hornette_TID

Hornette_TID Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

i'm sure Pudil will go as well as Peredes and Arlauskis. Tbh i'd ditch Nyom as well, though he showed promise once. Is Anya home grown or does Scottish only count for National teams? If he does, i'd get rid of him too, and maybe we will lose Berguis which will be a shame. I would have thought Belkelem is a possible to head out, and maybe Abdi though he got back into it towards the end of last season. Difficult choices though eh!

8. Chris 13

Chris 13 Well-Known Member

Pantilimon may get sold instead of Arlauskis. Ighalo I suspect may get a late move. Vydra & Berghuis in danger. Otherwise those in bold. As we buy now, a trade up will mean one more will go.

We should remember some of our signings may be to build up u21's and not planned to be in 25 man squad initially.

9. NZHorn

NZHorn Well-Known Member

The decision doesn't need to be made until after the season starts. We could see a few changes in the line up in the opening games. Remember our first Premiership goalscorer last season?

10. Jsybarry

Jsybarry Well-Known Member

He's classed as home grown as he came through the youth systems at first Oxford, then Wycombe.

11. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

12. Mexican Hornet

13. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

Today:

Watford now have 23 foreign players on their books and six of these will miss the cut as you are only allowed to name a maximum of 17 in a 25-man Premier League squad. And the number of foreign players will only increase with deals in the pipeline for a centre-half and an attacking midfielder.

Watford’s foreign players:Heurelho Gomes, Allan Nyom, Miguel Britos, Valon Behrami, Matej Vydra, Steven Berghuis, Almen Abdi, Odion Ighalo, Sebastian Prodl, Jose Holebas, Etienne Capoue, Giedrius Arlauskis, Juan Carlos Paredes, Daniel Pudil, Essaid Belkalem, Abdoulaye Doucoure, Mario Suarez, Costel Pantilimon, Nordin Amrabat, Adlene Guedioura, Juan Camilo Zuniga, Christian Kabasele, Brice Dja Djédjé
    Total: 23

*Note Isaac Success counts as an under-21 player. You can name an unlimited number of under-21 players in a Premier League squad.

14. Mexican Hornet

Pudil, Belkalem, Parades, Arlauskis, are as good as gone I am guessing.

Then Guediora and Suarez can go IMO.

15. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

Watford’s foreign players:Heurelho Gomes, Allan Nyom, Miguel Britos, Valon Behrami, Matej Vydra, Steven Berghuis, Almen Abdi, Odion Ighalo, Sebastian Prodl, Jose Holebas, Etienne Capoue, Giedrius Arlauskis, Juan Carlos Paredes, Daniel Pudil, Essaid Belkalem, Abdoulaye Doucoure, Mario Suarez, Costel Pantilimon, Nordin Amrabat, Adlene Guedioura, Juan Camilo Zuniga, Christian Kabasele, Brice Dja Djédjé

16. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

Just in case these two come in..

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2016/07...tenham-hotspur-linked-sofiane-boufal/296181/?
    http://www.footballfancast.com/prem...tford-leicester-stokes-race-for-title-winner?

.. I've added some to your list.

17. andytoprankin

Guediora has too much steel, industry and creativity for me. Suarez never showed me he is really worthy of a Premier League squad place. I agree with the others.
    My son has suggested Behrami, for losing his head unnecessarily at times. I would keep him, but I think it's a fair point. Can Vydra cut it? Maybe with quality around him he will shine.

Mexican Hornet likes this.
  18. andytoprankin

HI BB. <ok>
    Do you think Vydra could be a dark horse here to be our top striker? If he was surrounded by talent, getting quality feeds, do you think he could do it? He had style, maybe he was required to create everything himself at WBA? Abdi has to be kept because class is permanent. If he can show that he might refind his touch, he is a must.
    What do you reckon re Vydra?

19. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

He's a class player when his mind is right, or so popular opinion seems to be. If so, his problem may be keeping it right given that he has Deeney, Ighalo, Sinclair and Success also vying for a striker spot. I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but I think it's a similar flaw to Fessi's - and one that will see him depart.

andytoprankin likes this.
  20. Markthehorn

Behrami has worked with Walter before so might be kept on for that reason.

andytoprankin likes this.