1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

£1Million Offer for Dack

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Who76

Who76 New Member

Gladwin from QPR coming on loan today apparently and possibly Pearce from derby

2. brb

brb CR250

Truth is i don't think it is a case of wanting more and i know that may be difficult to understand in the financial business of football these days, i think it really is more a case of saying he is not for sale. As for Championship quality, I've seen enough of the lad over the years to know he is and will be more than that. Now a lot of Gills supporters see Cody as the messiah and any Gills fans on here will tell you what my view is on him, I'd rather have Dack any day than Cody and be quite happy to sell the latter to you despite his goal scoring prowess. If Jack Payne was considered Championship quality for Posh as it was at the time then Dack is well above Payne's ability in my opinion. Dack is worth more to us staying even if only until the end of the season than parting now for the financial reward offered.

3. Premiershiporbust IV

Premiershiporbust IV Active Member

I think the point that shiny was making was along the lines that having walked League One last year, we were pretty confident that our squad would at least be able to hold it's own this year but look how that worked out....

The standard in the Championship has evolved massively in the 2 years we were out of it and it is only going to get worse (as in better) so you cannot judge a player until they have actually performed in it...

4. brb

brb CR250

Very true and i accept that. Soz i was coming more from the angle which Bristol City with no disrespect have not seemed to have understood after 3 bids, we really are not interested. And if Scally sold him for anything like £1Million or even 1.5M I would be seriously questioning the Chairman's 5 year dream. We are as close as we have been for a long while of a thread of hope of promotion, a sale like this is just unthinkable until end of season but that's just my opinion, which tends to be controversial with Gills fans sometimes anyway!

5. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

If he wanted out,you would have problems holding onto him

6. brb

brb CR250

What makes you think he wanted out, media reports?

That was never the impression i was led to believe from my own sources, that are not media related. I think you will find the ball seriously lays with in the hands of Scally being tempted with some ridiculous offer maybe from a Prem club, that all parties will not be able to refuse.

I suppose the real question is how financially important is your survival in the Championship....now if you put in a bid for lets say £2M then i might be thinking oh ****e. Scally can not lose this season, he is already guaranteed league one survival which will suit his budget nicely. Attendance increases and the financial rewards from play-offs are a bonus. Then IF we do get promotion then keeping hold of Dack either way or selling him at end of season is a win, win for us.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  7. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

Deli Alli?

8. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

Knew someone would bring him up. But he aint no Deli Alli otherwise we wouldn't have a sniff of a chance. And £5 mill for Spurs is nothing, I wouldn't want us to pay that for a league one player.

9. bcfc_ade

bcfc_ade Member

Like most teams we always seem to over pay for players, can't blame the board for trying a few cheeky bids to see what happens. Be surprised if we went much higher, maybe another 200k/250k+, absolutely no idea of Gills financial situation?

10. brb

brb CR250

I cannot remember exact timings without researching but Scally cleared the books some seasons back....although where minus £10M ever went too is a financial mystery to mw and he gave our ground back. I know in the crash banks were clearing the books so not sure what if anything we gained from that. About three or four directors then threw their ££££'s into the pot - but whatever is truth in any of that it is without doubt Scally rules the roost. When i saw company house reports we looked ok despite questions around the disappearing debt in my brain. However, each season we have to sell someone to keep the finacial scales the right side of good. Unfortunately this season for your club its just the fate of timing that we are in a good position, therefore the risks of selling Dack are greater than keeping him and losing your offers.

11. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

apparently dack tweeted this morning after having a meeting with his club,he says he does not want to come to BCFC reckons not the right club for him <doh><doh><doh>
    As if the mighty gills are a bigger club
    <steam><steam><steam>

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  12. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Sod him if he doesn't want to come. Let him stay in L1.

We've other priorities to attend to such as
    Getting a new manager in asap
    Getting out of relegation trouble so we don't end up in L1 again ourselves

13. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

says he doesn't think BCFC is the right club so would / is obviously hoping to move on His value in the Glasses guide to footballers worth puts him lower than than the few hundred at £500k+ so greater than £1.5m would be a high price to pay. if more than that! however if you needed a bolt to make your car go and there was one for sale not at £1 but £5 you would pay it .... so maybe a bid of £2m might be worth the "punt" Again a job paying you more than what you are on now ..maybe double ?

14. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

why should he want to come here at the moment? relegation threatened and managerless,cant say I blame him.

15. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

Good for him, Gillingham could replace us next season, so obviously he'd want to stay

16. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

if they win their play offs .. they might but who will be the Wembley play off teams!

17. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Why are the top two places too far off for them?
    You can't predict where they will finish just yet and could go up as champs for all we know.
    Like Tom says who could blame him at the moment, there is a good chance they could be replacing us at the moment. So he could well be a championship player without moving home.

18. Premiershiporbust IV

Premiershiporbust IV Active Member

I have them in my accumulator as champions of league one and that is where they will finish - might have to revisit if we manage to pick up Dack

As for us not being the right club or him, how does that equate to him thinking that Gillingham are bigger than us...???

19. brb

brb CR250

Some sensible comments, this is nothing to do with us being a bigger club and as I've said all long in this thread, it is not purely about money. Yes as i said earlier and johngalleyfan2 has also stated if BC came in with £2M then maybe it would be enough to make Scally think I really can't refuse this one, even i accept that. I seriosuly hope you don't up your offer, I really do, because quite simply Dack is a vital cog in the Gillingham team, take him out and it could be costing us far more than any finance at transfer.

I think if you was going to get Dack an approach would have been better last season or at the end of the season but at the moment it is just very wrong timing.

Jack Payne is evidence of that before he went to Posh, he showed loyalty well beyond most players but we all accepted eventually it was his time and the right moment to go - I wish Dack all the best whatever he chooses because I know if he did go now it would probably be more the Chairman's call and Scally will get a backlash if he makes the wrong one, he's been around long enough to know that.

It was slightly different for Gazza because he had only been around for about a season and was a quick win, win money wise.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  20. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Interesting to read Justin Edinburgh's comments, "Bradley didn't feel a move to BCFC was right for him now", and not Dack doesn't want to leave the club. Could it be that JE is giving us a little boot to push Dack into the minds of higher placed Championship cubs. They seem to be very happy discussing this transfer in the media, which is unusal, we have had more column inches on BBC football's page over this transfer than we did when Cotteril got sacked, and all generated from Gillingham, the cynic in me says they are quite publicly making it known they will sell him, but only for the rifght price!!

21. brb

brb CR250

i think ppl are reading to much into the Bristol City link....JE has always been open to Gills supporters that he and the Chairman have agreed a price...a price that will reflect that he is part of the Gillingham team BUT sadly money does talk if the offer is too good to refuse. As for talking to the Media you should have seen when MadDog was around it was 10 fold JE's attention.

Do i believe your offer is respectable yes...but...