1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours £16.4m bid for Gini tabled by Roma

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Bye Gini!

http://www.footballinsider247.com/newcastle-in-advanced-talks-on-16-4m-midfielder-deal-report/

Newcastle midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum has informed the club he wants to make a switch to Roma, according to a report.

Italian outlet Daily News 24 claim a bid of £16.4million has been tabled for the Dutchman to move to Serie A once the club can offload Leandro Paredes to Zenit St Petersburg.

It is claimed that the attacking midfielder has reached an agreement in principle with Roma, but Newcastle have still not given the green light to a deal.
    Wijnaldum joined Newcastle last summer from PSV Eindhoven for a fee of £14.5million but he has made it clear he wants to leave following relegation to the Championship.
    The 25-year-old was a shining light in a wretched Premier League campaign for the North-East club, scoring 11 goals in the competition.
    Newcastle manager Rafa Bentiez now faces a fight to keep his star player as the club look for instant promotion back to the Premier League.
    The news of Wijnaldum’s departure will be regarded as a blow to many supporters but star man Ayoze Perez insisted he has no intentions of leaving the club.
    In other Newcastle news, Twitter has reacted to Alan Shearer throwing his name into the England managerial hat.

2. KazakhToon

KazakhToon Well-Known Member

Yep, that's him gone.

3. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

I don't think he'd be any use in this division anyway, good luck to the lad, shame he had to endure so much Schteve. If only....!

4. Geordie lass in the Fen

Geordie lass in the Fen Well-Known Member

Mixed emotions over this one. I really don't think he would be any use in the Championship, he doesn't have the metal for it.
    If the club can sell him for that kind of money they ought to take it and move him out quickly, that way they can reinvest the transfer fee in someone who can and wants to perform for the club as it stands.
    I know Rafa has a right of veto and so he should, but for that kind of money we should let him go.

5. Freddd

Freddd Well-Known Member

Happy to exchange him for the players that amount of money can buy

6. Hung Drawn and Quartered

Hung Drawn and Quartered Well-Known Member

Take it
    I'm available for Taxi service

can't afford to have a player that only turns up for home games in the championship

7. KazakhToon

KazakhToon Well-Known Member

Taxi to Rome, yes please!

8. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

"Shining light"? Was this written by his agent or something? He was a very occasionally flickering light.

I've a feeling they could get more money than this, but I'd still take it.

Central mid currently Colback and Shelvey then? Goal scoring mid is definitely needed imo.

9. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Such a shame but you expect a player of that quality to hang around.

Surprised that having had to go through the typical settling in period, a club in this country has not entered the fray. I expected Koeman to take him. Shame we couldn't set up a loan deal which saw him return if we were promoted, and sold if not.

Surprised so many of our fans are happy to see the back of him, just seems short sighted and lacking in patience. Imagine if we'd took this attitude with Solano? Each to their own though.

Kryptonite likes this.
  10. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Solano played for us in the Championship? Must've missed that one!!

I'm surprised you're surprised. He's clearly not Championship material, he seemed to be one of those that "didn't like it up 'em". If we'd have stayed up I'd be desperate to keep him. Actually think he'd be choosing wisely going to Roma, slower game he'd be able to tear it up.

11. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

Terrible news if he's going. Absolute quality player who would score bucket loads in the Championship.

Anyway, £16.4m? Which leg are they wanting to buy?

12. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Complete fallacy fella the old didn't like it up him excuse. The championship is tough, but there is still room for talent. As with the PL it is simply about getting the balance right. A good example would be Gaston Ramirez. Was often accused of not fancying it in the PL and struggled with the pace at times, but did a very very good job for Boro last year. Another one? Adel Taarabt - hardly Mr Nails but had his best ever season in the Championship. Why did these guys succeed? They were surrounded by players doing the dirty work. Its simply about building teams.

The Solano example is fully valid, he went missing in games for 18 months, got chucked around like a rag doll, but he came good because we were willing to be patient. So yeah I'm surprised people are being so short sighted. Its very easy to pin the blame on a newbie. The real problem lies in how we built the squad we dropped him into. At any other time, that would be recognised as a good first season and something to build on.

I'm not surprised he has chosen to get out however (if he has) because his quality does belong at a higher level and we failed him massively.

Seabass and Flash like this.
  13. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

I blame Pardew.

Warmir Pouchov likes this.
  14. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

He won't go for that price me thinks ash will get more cash

15. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Thought he was a cracking player for you first half of season, scoring goals from midfield and in sure was top scoring midfielder after first half of season (or up there). First year in new league, in a struggling team, no surprise he faded a bit. If he's have played 1 good game then average over whole season you'd claim t a success but because he has 6 months good the 6 months bad it looks a lot worse.

Captainchaos. likes this.
  16. Beardsley's Stylist

Beardsley's Stylist Well-Known Member

The ideal situation for me would be a loan deal

Warmir Pouchov likes this.