1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

£14m price tag for Austin

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by sb_73, May 12, 2015.

1. EscapeGoat

EscapeGoat Well-Known Member

Club should set the Transfer fee at £15 million

Explain that with the new Squad rules involving English minimum representation and the fact he's scored 15 plus goals means he's worth this fee at the least.

Austin will know that his best chance of a good move is now. The club know it as well.

Should we play hardball and make him play in the Championship or let him rot in the reserves it will only limit his chances of a move and teams will move on and seek players elsewhere.

We need to be clever here, this sale could help us rebuild the majority of the squad!

TimPR78 likes this.
  2. elnino37

elnino37 Active Member

Depending on how much FFP inevitably screws us over; clubs will acknowledge that we'll need to sell up and recoup some of the money.

With this in mind, i'd be surprised if we got 15 million for him. If it doesn't screw us over massively then sure, set it at £15mil. It would be a hell of a sell considering he's probably only actually stood out half a dozen times this season. He's been awful since he's come back from injury, coupled with the rest of the team also being dreadful.

durbar2003 likes this.
  3. TWGWTDT

TWGWTDT Well-Known Member

I think he knows he still has a long way to go as a player and we may the club to help him
    Of course clubs will come in for him but I have my doubts as he misses a lot more than he hits I also think he likes it here if he goes then most of here will slag him and I think he will be a flop elsewhere

4. sku

sku Well-Known Member

5. Sutfol

Sutfol Well-Known Member

I can think of quite a few teams that would want Austin surely that would encourage teams to bid the price up

6. igor60

igor60 Well-Known Member

I'd say £15 million is the absolutely minimum. The way prices are nowadays £20 million wouldnt suprise me. This is a rare opportunity to cash so hope they dont sell him too cheaply.

7. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Last year of contract will be at against us here, I think we'll be lucky to get anywhere near the £14 million and probably settle for £12 million if offered. No point in keeping him against his will, that never does either party any favours.

I still think he'll end up at Bournemouth, a good fit both ways...

8. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I know everything is ****ing expensive in Finland mate, especially booze, but you seem to be overestimating things in the UK. £30-40k a week in the Championship? Minimum £15m for Austin? Dream on.

9. igor60

igor60 Well-Known Member

Well, i have expensive taste mate. I still stand behind my words because goalscoring englishmen are hard to find. Now you have 25 yrs old who scored goals for fun so why 15 million is too much??? Andy Carroll, remember him? Nowadays when decent young englisman will be transferred somewhere the price is 30-50 per cent higher than the same level player from overseas...

Finland is expensive country that is true. However the beer is not that much expensive
    here thsn it is in London...Have few pints in Oslo and then you know when beer is expensive.

sb_73 likes this.
  10. sheffordqpr

sheffordqpr Well-Known Member

I could be getting my head chopped off for this, but in a very poor Premiership with possible a record low points survival target of just 35/36 I don't think Charlie has done that well. He has scored 5 goals against top half opposition this season, 1 of which was a penalty. I stopped believing the hype some time ago. Get rid and quick!

11. RoyalOakRanger

RoyalOakRanger Active Member

I reckon 10-12 million. It is really only the top 6 who tend to spend more and do you really see Charlie playing for United?

What's in his favour is he is proven. Would be a good buy for a team that is looking to stay up or consolidate. I reckon he would suit Pulis.

12. peter1954qpr

peter1954qpr Well-Known Member

I woundnt call 1 season in the premier league as proven 10 mill tops, without a chance of him staying, he has England asperations

13. Swords Hoopster.

Swords Hoopster. Well-Known Member

That's below the belt Igor. He was only discussing the price of a player. No need to to take the piss completely

kiwiqpr likes this.
  14. igor60

igor60 Well-Known Member

How was that below the belt?? Of course he was discussing the price of the player but so was me too. I was just pointing why englishborn players cost so much and as there is not so many good english goalscores Austins price tag should be higher than £12 million. There has been many stranger transfers in the history of football.

15. Swords Hoopster.

Swords Hoopster. Well-Known Member

There's no need to rub it in Igor

kiwiqpr likes this.
  16. igor60

igor60 Well-Known Member

Ok

17. igor60

igor60 Well-Known Member

18. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

There'll be a few suitors. The fact that there'll be a lot more after him, if he was free, mean that those that are willing to pay now will be more desperate to secure his services so his price won't drop too much.

He'd be ideal at Palace or somewhere like that and I reckon they'll know it too.

19. seagullhoop

seagullhoop Well-Known Member

I'd like to think that there are players out there who would behave like this, but the money in the game, and the relative brevity of their careers, means that they are effectively forced to go where the money is to ensure their futures.

He will be offered more money to go to a PL club - who out of us would reject that for Championship football in a decimated squad for a club with with massive debts and further massive fines over their heads?

20. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

It's a valid opinion but I disagree. To get 15 open play goals or whatever it is against any teams in this league would be good effort for a mid-table striker. To do it in a team where the service has mostly been as awful as it has been is pretty special I think.

Add in to that he's been overworked through lack of alternative options and running his bollocks off to compensate for crap teammates, I think he could do really well in a better team.